Thank you for your support!
COMMITTED ADVOCATE * PROVEN LEADER * COMMON SENSE SOLUTIONS
The Jordan School District is facing many challenges including rapid growth, school safety, and societal challenges that impact student learning. As a mother of students who attend district schools, Tracy is committed to the success of the district and has the drive needed to address these challenges and move the district forward. She asks the hard questions, listens intently and collaborates with others on solutions. Tracy’s countless hours volunteering in the classroom and various community organizations demonstrates her commitment to public service.
Why Should You Vote for Tracy?
Tracy is an effective ADVOCATE for public education.
I have spent many years at the legislature advocating for our public schools on behalf of Utah PTA and this past year for the Jordan School District. I have positive working relationships with members of many public education groups, state leaders, and legislators. I have testified in committee hearings and worked with legislators on bills.
Tracy has the TIME to be in our schools and to represent you.
School board is my only job outside the home. I have the time to spend in our schools and in our community. I regularly attend School Community Council meetings, PTA meetings, and school activities. I spend time talking to principals, teachers, and especially parents. I’m available and ready to represent the Jordan School Board at the legislature and on various committees.
Tracy supports our TEACHERS.
Attracting and retaining high quality educators is a priority of mine. This past year, the Jordan School Board led out when we raised the starting salary for new teachers and increased teacher pay. We are continuing to look at ways to increase pay, provide additional professional development and provide other resources to help teachers become more effective.
Tracy LISTENS to the community and collaborates to solve problems.
I spend many hours listening to the concerns of parents. These concerns range from crowded schools to school safety, access to fields and participation in the dual language immersion program. I work collaboratively with parents and school administrators to develop creative short-term and long-term solutions.
- Increased teacher compensation without raising taxes
- Instrumental in making changes to the School LAND Trust program that have resulted in a substantial increase in the distribution of trust fund earnings to our schools
- Worked with the lacrosse community to gain greater access to school fields
- Insisted on more thorough and accurate data on school capacity and enrollment projections for better decision making
- Reduced school fees and updated policies and procedures to ensure fees are only charged when necessary and are used on this year’s students
- Worked with legislators to promote bills to provide additional mental health resources to our schools
- Supported parents in efforts to strengthen the Dual Language Immersion program and to keep it in local schools
- Worked to update policies to protect kids from pornography and sexual harassment
- Voted to decline an automatic property tax increase when county equalization ended